Hashdot 1.2 has been released on SourceForge. Special thanks to Matt Sanford for contributing the initial Mac OS X port and helping me through some additional OS X idiosyncrasies. Details in the change log below:
- Added HUP signal handler to reopen STDOUT/STDERR when both daemonize and io_redirect are used
- Added support for hashdot.chdir
- Ported to Mac OS X. See default.hdp for differences in profile configuration. Note on Mac, the final test/test_cmdline.rb currently fails due to lack of a suitable equivalent to the Linux prctl() for process rename. However, this is not strictly required for useful operation.
- Simplified default.hdp and shortlived.hdp using new hashdot.vm.lib delayed expansion property.
- Added explicit int casts to avoid x64 warnings
- Improved INSTALL notes.